Job interviews are all about the interviewer asking the job seeker questions. But savvy job seekers ask a few well-chosen questions of their own.
A job search—from the resume through compensation negotiations—is about finding a good match, and that process goes both ways.
• What changes are you hoping to make to your organization?
• What are the biggest things you are hoping to accomplish with this role?
• What goals do you have for the coming years?
• Are there any other qualifications you’re looking for?
• Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
• Do you have any concerns about my background that I can resolve for you?
Next time you’re in the interview hot seat, be proactive and ask a few questions of your own. “What can I do for you?” questions show your interviewer that you’re proactive, energetic, and goal-oriented.